The Christian Mennonite Conference is a group of evangelical anabaptist churches in Western Canada with the mission of bringing glory to God by proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ, thereby reconciling people to God and strengthening the church of Jesus Christ.
The conference consists of nine congregations in Western Canada. Our conference offices are located in Steinbach, Manitoba.
Our conference is formerly known as the Chortitzer Mennonite Conference.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe in the one living eternal God in three persons: God, the Father; God, the Son; and God the Holy Spirit; Creator of all things.
- We believe in the deity, virgin birth, sinless humanity, substitutionary death, atoning blood, bodily resurrection, and ascension to heaven of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, sent from God and indwelling every believer.
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are wholly inspired by God and are infallible and the final authority in faith and life.
- We believe that man is a sinner by nature.
- We believe that man is saved by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that man is a free moral agent.
- We believe in the church as the body of Christ and its mission to fulfill the “Great Commission” of preaching, teaching, and discipling.
- We believe that every born again believer should be baptized with water upon confession of his faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Lord instituted the ordinance of communion as a remembrance of His suffering and death.
- We believe that the church has the obligation to keep pure the Body of Christ by disciplining those who have chosen to live in deliberate sin.
- We believe that every Christian should walk in love towards God and man, refraining from carnal strife and contentions in all areas of life.
- We believe that God instituted marriage as a permanent bond between male and female of the same faith.
- We believe that all governments are instituted by God and therefore are to be respected as such.
- We believe in the literal resurrection of the body; eternal glory for believers in heaven, and everlasting punishment for unbelievers in hell.
- We believe in the personal and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ as King of kings and Lord of lords.